Thursday 13 February 2014

Superheroes for Writing Week


Last week we had a special writing week. We had to write about Superheroes. We wrote a story about them and we designed our own Super hero. My superhero was called Alaster Girl. She rescued a diamond from the jungle. Alaster Girl's super powers were that she could stretch. She stretched so that she could get closer and closer to a bad guy.

We cut out some funky shapes and decorated them. Mine said "Boom!". We also had to design a shield which showed the powers our superhero had. My shield had a big "S" on.

 By Olivia Year 1

My superhero is called Bowl Man. His super power is shooting out Goo. He has a star belt, a green cape, and he has a Mask on his face. He is scared of fire because he is worried he will get it on his eyes.I liked colouring the pictures of our superheroes and writing the story. My favourite bit of writing week was drawing the pictures and creating our superheroes. By Simeon Year 2


My superhero is called Freeze Man. His super power is that he can freeze people. Freeze Man saved Gotham City from Pizza Man using his water bombs.  I liked looking at superheroes for writing week. It was interesting. I liked making my shield because I enjoy drawing. There was lots of ice on my shield and freeeze man was on there too.  By Charlie Year 1

By Eleanor Year 2: Last week, it was writing week and Year One and Two were writing about Superheroes. To give us some inspiration and ideas for what our super hero could be like, we watched "The Incredibles", which is a great film.

After we had watched the film, we got to work. First we could design a vehicle or gadget for our superheroes. The Year Two's had to write about what their gadget could do. Then we had to design our own Superheroes, writing about who they would be, what they would be called, and what their super hero power would be. Then we had to design a shield with their super hero power on. On Friday in big writing we had to write an adventure for our superhero.



My superhero is called "Super Stretchy Isabella". She has long hair, which she uses to catch bad people, and her greatest enemy is called "Ginger Girl". In my big writing, Super Stretchy Isabella managed to catch Ginger Girl with her long hair and put her in prison, because Ginger Girl has stolen the Queen's Crown, Super Stretchy Isabella gave the crown back to the Queen and the Queen was very happy. I liked writing week because it was an opportunity to improve our handwriting. We also did buddy reading with the younger children, and I liked that a lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment